Coronavirus Patient Safety Updates & Telehealth Information
Beacon Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine is an essential business and remains open. We continue to monitor the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our leaders have implemented enhanced health and safety protocols that are consistent with local and CDC guidelines to ensure the quality and safety of our patient care. This page will be regularly updated with COVID-19 information and resources for our patients.
Telehealth Video Visits Now Available
Patients can now have video visits with our physicians, physical therapists and medical providers via video chat. We are currently limiting these services for current patients with routine follow-up care and post-operative care. These visits allow you to receive expert medical care from the comfort of your homes. You can schedule these by calling our call center at 513-354-3700. If a video visit does not work for you, our five main office locations are open and available to see you quickly.
Click here for directions on how our video visits work. – *You will receive a URL link after you call 513-354-3700 to schedule your visit.
New Patient Forms (click links below)
New Patient Telehealth Consent Form – Only new patients to Beacon have to fill out this form.
New Patient History Form – Only new patients to Beacon have to fill out this form.
Medicare, Anthem, Aetna, Cigna and United Healthcare have all expanded coverage for Telehealth visits during the COVID-19 crisis.
Our office also remains open to accommodate healthy patients who require in-person orthopedic evaluation and treatment, subject to COVID-19 restrictions.
Physical Therapy Telehealth Services
Our physical therapy telehealth service provides live access to a physical therapist via a camera-enabled tablet, smart phone or computer. Telehealth or video visits are available for existing physical therapy patients and can be accessed through our secure portal (links below). Telehealth is available by appointment only Monday thru Friday 8am until 7pm.
Video about our Enhanced Safety Protocols and Telehealth Video Visits
Enhanced Health & Safety Protocols
Beacon Orthopaedics has full-time hours at our five largest locations: Summit Woods, Beacon West, Beacon East, Beacon Northern Kentucky, and Beacon Miamisburg (Dayton). Our Lawrenceburg, Wilmington and Cincinnati Sports Club locations are also open and operating at a reduced schedule.
Each location has enhanced safety measures in place including increased cleaning and sanitizing in between patient visits. We are also spreading out our patient population and maintain proper social distancing. Our medical providers, staff and screeners are wearing masks.
Each location has an enhanced screening process to enter the building. This screening process is REQUIRED for all employees, physicians and patients to enter our facilities.
Each building will have only one entrance available for every person.
Enhanced Patient Check-In Process
- Patients/Staff will be greeted at each location by signage and a staff member directing them to the screening process.
- All visitors (except for a needed caregiver for the elderly or minors) are required to wait in their cars until the patient care is completed.
- All patients will leave their car and go to the screening station at the main entrance of each building.
- A staff member will ask each person a series of questions and will take each person’s temperature. If they do not pass the screening, they will be asked to reschedule for a later date.
- If a caregiver does need to enter with a patient, they will be required to pass the screening process as well.
Education & Resources
- Ohio Coronavirus Hotline: 1-833-4ASKODH (1-833-427-5634)
- Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 Page
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 Page
- Greater Cincinnati COVID-19 Assessment Sites – The Health Collaborative (pdf)
- Tips for Staying Active from Beacon Experts on Our Blog