Healthcare Immersion Internship Program
Beacon Orthopedics is pleased to offer the Healthcare Immersion Internship Program, designed to provide valuable experience and insight into various healthcare careers such as orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, administration, physical therapy, and athletic training. This paid internship opportunity is exclusively available to high school seniors. To apply, students must submit a comprehensive application package including a letter of recommendation from a school administrator, a two-page essay outlining the impact of the internship on their future career plans, and an official school transcript.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only a limited number of participants are selected each year. Therefore, it is crucial for applicants to ensure all required materials are included in their submission, as incomplete applications will not be considered. Selected participants will have the opportunity to engage in a 4-week immersive experience at Beacon Orthopedics, shadowing healthcare professionals such as physicians, physician assistants, and administrators. This hands-on experience will allow interns to observe daily activities, patient interactions, procedures, schedule management, and teamwork dynamics.
- A two-page essay detailing the impact of the internship on future career plans
- Letter of recommendation from a school administrator (Principal, athletic director, or teacher)
- High school transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Attendance at a mandatory parent/guardian meeting (Date TBD)
- The Healthcare Immersion Internship is a paid 4-week commitment requiring a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Applications must be submitted by Sunday, April 14.
- Interviews will commence in late April.
- Internships will commence with a mandatory orientation session on June 3, with a flexible 4-week commitment during June and July.