August 21, 2015
This year, in honor of those affected by blood cancer and to raise funds for research, Beacon will be hosting a team in the Light The Night Walk for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, which is an evening walk at Sawyer Point on October 15th beginning at 5:30PM. It is free if you would like to just walk (and not raise funds), however, every walker who raises $100 or more will be recognized on Walk night with:
- A Light The Night t-shirt
- An illuminated Light The Night lantern in red (for supporters), white (for survivors), or gold (in memory of a loved one)
- A wristband which entitles the wearer to an array of food and refreshments
*Patients and survivors will receive these items regardless of fundraising levels.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A BEACON EMPLOYEE TO JOIN OR DONATE
If the Beacon Team raises an average of $100/walker (For example: If we have 10 walkers and 1 walker raises $1,000), all 10 walkers would receive the t-shirt, lantern, etc. because the average is $100/walker. There is no limit to how many people can join a team.
Beacon’s overall goal is to host a team of ten walkers and raise $1,000. We hope to easily surpass that goal by participating and sharing the fundraising page link below with others. If you would like to donate, simply click on the link below. If you would like to join Beacon’s team and start fundraising with us, please follow these instructions.
1. Click here to register
2. In the Find A Walk in Your Area space, type “Cincinnati” and select the “Sawyer Point, October 15th” walk.
3. Scroll down to How Will You Participate and select “Join a Team”
4. Select the Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine team with the name “Laura Adkins” as the team captain.
5. Sign in using Facebook, or using your email address and create a password.
6. This will give you your own fundraising profile that you can share with friends, family members, on social media, etc. It will track how much money you have personally raised for your team (Beacon).
If you don’t want to personally sign up, you can still help by sharing the Team Donation link above or by donating to our team.